I love a good survey when done by a reputable company. Trip Advisor is a pretty good representation of the American traveler as their users include everyone from the person that travels weekly for work to the person that takes just one trip a year.
TripAdvisor just released a survey that looks at the hotel amenities travelers can and can’t do without.
Most Important Hotel Amenities for U.S. Travelers
1. Free In-Room Wi-Fi (89%)
2. Free Parking (89%)
3. Free Breakfast (84%)
4. Free Personal Care Items (72%)
5. Free Lobby Wi-Fi (71%)
Least Important Hotel Amenities for U.S. Travelers
1. Mini Bar (21%)
2. Spa/Beauty Treatments (23%)
3. Business Center (34%)
4. Laundry Service (39%)
5. Free Pool-Side Wi-Fi (42%)
I didn’t realize that so many hotels offer free breakfast that so many people would want that. I’ve never considered that an amenity, but of course I usually travel to casinos. Beyond breakfast I’m in line with much of this list.
I must be the last person that uses the mini-bar. Last week I had a Red Stripe in a can from the mini-bar at Cosmopolitan. I don’t know what I would have done if I had to wait 15 minutes for my friend without that beer 🙂
What amenities do you want in your hotel room?
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Step Back From That Old School Blackjack Table - October 19, 2017
- Where should you eat at the Venetian? - October 18, 2017
- There was some potentially game-changing tech on display at this year’s G2E - October 17, 2017