Rumors about Vegas are fun. Especially when they come from good sources and make sense. Here’s a look at a couple of rumors floating around that seem too good not to be true.
- Rumor: Earlier this week Vital Vegas dropped a rumor that the Monte Carlo would be changing its name.
- Thoughts: This totally makes sense. They’ve de-themed most of the hotel to the point of where it’s so bland the name doesn’t make sense. A new name announcement after construction is complete around the property and shortly before they open the new arena would work nicely. Maybe they’ll renovate the rooms in time for the new arena too.
- Rumor: Riviera has been sold and new owners will close and demolish in favor of something unrelated to gaming.
- Thoughts: This rumor about the Riviera sounds legit despite rumors about renovations. Despite these mainstream media outlets reporting about $20-$100 million dollar in renovations to the property in recent years the parent company is still having financial problems post bankruptcy. With Resorts World Las Vegas being delayed and SLS Las Vegas having its own problems revitalization of the north end of the Vegas Strip doesn’t look so hot right now.
Both of these are still rumors right now. Both bits of news make too much sense not to happen. We’ll see if they’re true shortly.
Update: 6/16 – Rumors are both finally confirmed. Monte Carlo will become MGM Park and Riviera will be imploded 6/14 and 8/14.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- What’s Happening On The North Vegas Strip? - June 25, 2017
- Ride-hailing, Housesharing, Vegas Hockey and a Ton Of News - June 25, 2017
- Don’t Make These Common Blackjack Basic Strategy Mistakes - June 23, 2017