This is a great tip to save money during March Madness in Las Vegas, but can really be used for any group visit.
- Download both the Uber and Lyft apps before reaching Las Vegas. Download Uber here and Lyft here for iPhone.
- First-time users should use a free ride code before paying. Here’s a $5-$20 off Uber code and $20 off 10 Lyft rides ($2 off 10 rides).
- The first person in the group pays for a ride using one of the codes above.
- After the first ride, that person should share their code with the group so that the next ride will be free or discounted.
- The discount codes reciprocate so each time a friend uses a code, the person sending the code gets a discount code. It’s a circle of discounts that you can use all weekend long.
- Repeat as desired.
- Enjoy VEGAS BABY!
This should negate most travel costs if a group of four is in Las Vegas for a weekend.
You typically won’t wait for a rideshare on the Vegas Strip. Picking up a rideshare is different from taxis. Here’s a list of where you can find the Uber and Lyft pickup locations at Vegas Strip casinos.
I use both services depending on which icon I see first. Uber is slightly less expensive. It will probably save a few dollars if you’re heading to downtown Las Vegas or off the Vegas Strip.