Station Casinos just announced that they’re adding a new football contest to go along with the two popular contest that have been around for years.
The entry fees are so low that there are a ton of entrants. That makes winning the contests difficult. I played the year I moved to Las Vegas but not since. Maybe that will change this year.
Details on all three contests from Station Casinos in the press release below:
Station Casinos introduces the “$750,000 Free Gridiron Glory” Football Contest
New contest offers more flexibility and games as well as four ways to win;
College and Pro Football “Last Man Standing” elimination contest returns
LAS VEGAS (August 3, 2015) – Station Casinos gears up for football season and moves into the next football contest evolution with the $750,000 Free Gridiron Glory. The new pro-football contest, based on guest feedback, offers many firsts for Station Casinos. The interactive contest utilizes the Boarding Pass Rewards Kiosk to track play in addition to the contest being free to enter. It also gives guests the opportunity to include picks from Thursday games and continues into the Playoffs and Championship game. Station Casinos’ popular Last Man Standing Pro and College Elimination football contests are back and will offer up to $250,000 in cash prizes.
There’s also no better place in town to watch and enjoy all of the excitement of professional and college football games than Station Casinos’ sports books.
$750,000 Free Gridiron Glory Football Contest
- Free to enter; each contestant can register for one entry upon visiting a Rewards Kiosk
- Players must have a Boarding Pass card or Jackie’s Club Cortez card for signing up at the El Cortez
- Registration begins Wednesday, Aug. 5 at 10 a.m.
- Guests may make their first picks beginning August 28 for games Weeks 1 through 4
- The interactive contest is designed for play via the Rewards Kiosk
- Guests make selections and track progress throughout the life of the contest with a personalized “team helmet” that gains yardage across the football field with each correct pick
- Players receive instant prizes including Boarding Pass points, free slot play and more each time a touchdown is scored by their “team helmet”
- Players advance by making correct weekly team picks; picks can be made on Thursday, Sunday and Monday Pro Football games
- Added flexibility allows players to make or change a pick until the sports book closes the lines
Cash prizes and progressing through the football contest
- $750,000 awarded in total cash and prizes over the Pro Football season and through the Championship game
- Up to $15,000 in cash prizes awarded each week; first place wins $10,000
- Additional $5,000 split amongst tiebreakers, in the event of a tie
- Advance to playoffs by:
- Playing all 17 weeks OR
- Scoring four “touchdowns” during the regular season
- Playoffs picks include prop bets, over/under and game outcomes for an additional $50,000 in cash prizes
- Championship Game
- All post-season contestants will be entered to play in the Big Game
- Awards another $50,000 in cash prizes
- First place winner receives $25,000
Gridiron Glory is available for play throughout 20 sports book and sports lounge locations including all Station Casinos, the Fiestas, Wildfire Gaming properties as well as the Station Casinos-managed El Cortez sports book. Season standings will be available via both the Rewards Kiosk and online at www.sclv.com/gridironglory.
Last Man Standing Pro and College Elimination Football Contests
- Contestants will have the ability to win up to $250,000 in the “winner takes all” sports book contest
- Available for both professional and college football
- The fee is $25 per entry
- Each contestant may purchase up to four entries total with a fifth entry for free for both contests
- Registration begins in early-August
- The weekly contest card will be available in the sports books beginning Monday, September 7, and then available every Wednesday during the 2015 contests
- The deadline for signing up is:
- College football: Saturday, September 12 at 7:30 p.m.
- Professional football: Sunday, September 13 at 9 a.m.
Cash prizes and progressing through the football contest
- Pick one winning football team against the contest line weekly
- Selections will be made against the point spread listed on the weekly contest card
- If a winning selection is made, that entry will remain in the contest for the following week
- $75,000 will be the minimum guaranteed aggregate prize for the professional football contest
- $40,000 will be the minimum guaranteed aggregate prize for the college football contest
- $135,000 winner’s bonus will be awarded to a player who individually wins both the professional and college Last Man Standing contests
- 100-percent of all entry fees will be returned as prize money and will be awarded to the last contestant remaining
Last Man Standing is available for play at all Station Casinos; the Fiestas; Wildfire Gaming properties including Wild Wild West, Barley’s, Wildfire Sunset, Wildfire Rancho, Wildfire Casino & Lanes and Wildfire Boulder; El Cortez; and Baldini’s Casino in Northern Nevada.
All Station Casinos’ football contestants must be 21 years and older, present valid identification to participate and be a Boarding Pass or Club Cortez cardholder. Complete rules, details and prize redemption information for all of the football contests are available in the respective sports books and at the Rewards Center at all participating properties. Management reserves all rights. For more information about Station Casinos, visit www.sclv.com.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- 2018 World Series Of Poker schedule and details announced with a few changes - December 13, 2017
- 5 fun Holiday things to do in Vegas - December 13, 2017
- Your Complete Guide To Betting On The Vegas Golden Nights - December 13, 2017