Big news for sports fans on the Vegas Strip. The new Cosmopolitan sports book will open in February just in time for the Super Bowl.
In December, the Cosmopolitan celebrated its 5 year anniversary with a slew of news. Even though the property is finally turning a profit they aren’t resting on their laurels.
There are major changes at the Cosmopolitan (see complete details at Front Desk Tip). I wouldn’t call the changes a facelift or an overhaul but there is a lot happening at the Cosmopolitan.
The most exciting change to the casino will take place with their sports book.
The least profitable slot machines in the southeast corner of the property have been removed and a brand new sports book is under construction. The 8,000 square foot sports book will include 23 video poker machines which McBeath tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal should make more money than the 120 slot machines that once occupied the space.
The new sports book will be more than twice the size as the current CG Technology sports book on the second floor. CG will continue to operate the sports book at the Cosmopolitan.
Everything I’ve heard is that this sports book will be similar to a smaller version of The Venetian sports book. It’s easy to think that between the bar with video poker and typically great CG Technology TV screens.
A security breach by Vital Vegas last week showed that there’s still a lot of work to do. I can’t wait to see the finished product. I expect to have more information on the sports book soon.
It looks like Cosmopolitan is backing off the Super Bowl opening. Here are more details from a recent email.
NEW CASINO RACE & SPORTS BOOK
OPENING FEBRUARY 2016, LEVEL 1, EASTSIDE
A new Race & Sports Book will open in early February 2016 on the casino floor. It will be more than double the size of our existing sports book and will offer a significantly upgraded experience, featuring:
- State of the art LED video walls for both sports and race
- Dozens of hi-definition television screens
- The latest in mobile wagering technology and a combination of lounge style seating areas
- Traditional betting stations and VIP areas where guests can view their own 90-inch high-definition television.
- The race and sports bar will anchor the space, featuring video poker and multiple hi-definition televisions showing sporting events.
Additionally, a new sports themed table games area will be immediately adjacent to the new book, also featuring hi-definition televisions and direct views of the main LED walls.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Get Started Counting Cards At Blackjack - June 26, 2017
- What’s Happening On The North Vegas Strip? - June 25, 2017
- Ride-hailing, Housesharing, Vegas Hockey and a Ton Of News - June 25, 2017