File under: Almost exciting news
There was a day when a beer snob could get excited about seeing Goose Island beer outside of Chicago. A cou years ago the news that Goose Island Pub was opening at the Hard Rock would have been seen as cutting edge. Not so much anymore.
Since Anheuser-Busch owns 42% of Goose Island and distributes the beer they’re no longer considered a craft beer and not seen as being special. Regardless of the taste, the beer is easy to find and that’s not very exciting. Goose Island still tastes the same (to me) but it’s lost some luster because it’s available just about everywhere in Las Vegas.
Having said all of this, I would still gladly visit Goose Island Pub if I happen to be at the Hard Rock. Here are details about Goose Island Pub from the press release.
LAS VEGAS – Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas is set to open Nevada’s first Goose Island Pub this June. Goose Island Beer Company is an innovator and leader in the craft of brewing, and the resort will offer eight of its signature beers on tap, bottles of Bourbon County and a wide selection of wines, liquor and pub-style food.
Each Goose Island beer strives to define style and captivate the hearts, imaginations and palates of beer drinkers. Hard Rock Hotel’s eight Goose Island beers on tap include:
· Goose 312 Wheat Ale – an urban wheat ale with a hazy straw color, light orange hop aroma, fruity ale flavor and creamy body.
· Goose Four Star Pils – a pilsner with a saffron color, bright floral aroma, crisp flavor and light body
· Goose Green Line Pale Ale – an American pale ale with a goldenrod color, bright American hop aroma, citrus flavor and light crisp body.
· Goose Honker’s Ale – an English-style bitter with a golden sunset color, fruity hop aroma, biscuit malt flavor and soft body.
· Goose IPA – an English India pale ale with a bourbon color, grapefruit aroma, fruity hop flavor and dry body.
· Matilda – inspired by great Trappist ales, this Belgian-style pale ale is fermented with the wild yeast Brettanomyces. Matilda pours a golden sunrise color with dried fruit and clove aromas, a spicy yeast flavor and a satisfying dry finish.
· Sofie – a Belgian-style farmhouse ale with spicy white pepper, citrus tartness, a creamy vanilla finish and light body.
· Summertime Kölsch – a Kölsch with a sunshine color, floral esters, fruity flavors and crisp finish – the perfect summer session ale.
“We’ve been pouring Goose Island beers at our venues for quite some time now,” said Jon Newton, vice president of food and beverage at Hard Rock Hotel. “We are honored to welcome the pub to the Hard Rock Hotel family and are excited to serve the best beers in town.”
In addition to beverages, guests can also indulge in pub-style food at the venue. Items include:
· Cast Iron Chicago Pizza Dip – marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, basil and giardiniera; served with garlic crust on the side.
· South Side Deli – generous amount of corned beef, cole slaw, tomato and mustard made with Goose Honker’s Ale; served on rye bread with house potato chips on the side.
· Shrimp Po Boy – fried shrimp, iceberg lettuce, tomato and creole mayo made with Goose 312 Wheat Ale; served on a hoagie roll with house potato chips on the side.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Ride-hailing, Housesharing, Vegas Hockey and a Ton Of News - June 25, 2017
- Don’t Make These Common Blackjack Basic Strategy Mistakes - June 23, 2017
- How to Beat the Heat in Vegas - June 22, 2017